Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Shadows by Charlotte McConaghy


Summary

Felix and Leila are Children of the Waves. Born and raised on the stormy coast, they are tied irrevocably to the sea, just as they are tied to each other.
But tragedy tears them apart, changing both their lives forever.
Leila’s fame follows her at every turn, while Felix becomes nothing more than a ghost, deadly and invisible.
In a corrupt and violent world they are each recruited for their skill and courage by the elusive leader of the rebels, a man haunted by his own destructive past, forcing Leila and Felix to face their fears – and each other.
Together, they will do whatever it takes to fight for freedom.
They will become anything – even Shadows.

Review

I really enjoy Charlotte McConaghy's writing style so I borrowed this from Amazon Prime as I had read all her other books I could get ahold of. This book is very good and the characters are developed very well, and grow a lot in the story. In the beginning they are young, naïve and I found myself yelling at them to say what they mean. But they grow up as time passes, and they do finally say what they mean, but things continue to keep them apart, mainly themselves and their insecurities. I can see how this is common in many other books, and at times it felt somewhat forced, but I could see the purpose of having conflict so that they can have an even better resolution later.




The Shadows @ GoodReads
The Shadows @ Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment